This contest has ended– please see the bottom of the post for winner announcements.
* * *
Holiday Book Giveaway TODAY!!
There were so many amazing cookbooks and other books that came out this year and I have done a round up of my favorites to gift this holiday season. I encourage you to run out and support your local indy bookstore in these final days before Christmas and Hanukkah instead of ordering online! I think it's great to Shop Small and Shop Local whenever you can.
My beloved publisher, Abrams, has generously offered to give away 3 of the books in my list:
- my new book The Forest Feast Gatherings
- Everything I Want To Eat from the popular LA restaurant, Sqirl, by Jessica Koslow.
- Butter & Scotch, the baking book from the girls at the bakery/bar in Brooklyn, Butter & Scotch. By Allison Kave & Keavy Landreth
To enter, just sign up for my newsletter via this link. Three winners (one for each book) will be announced here in this blog post and on Instagram tomorrow morning 12/21/16 at 10am PST. (Sorry, U.S. only!)
MY 2016 (COOK)BOOK LIST:
- Everything I Want To Eat by Jessica Koslow. I have never been to this popular restaurant in LA but have been following it on Instagram for years and really want to go. She has super-unique ideas for healthy comfort food.
- Butter & Scotch by Allison Kave & Keavy Landreth. Booze + Baked Goods = Brilliant. I have never been to their bakery/bar in Brooklyn but NEED TO. I recently had their brownies and went crazy over them. This book has such fun retro-style photos and delicious treats.
- French Country Cooking by Mimi Thorisson. Perhaps the dreamiest blog out there, Mimi chronicles her life in food (plus a gaggle of dogs & kids) in a chateau in France, and it's now in book form, too.
- Molly on the Range by Molly Yeh. She has one of the most fun and most popular food blogs out there and her book is just as fun! I want to make her scallion pancake challah.
- In the Company of Women by Grace Bonney. From my favorite design blogger, stories about business and inspiration from women working today in creative fields.
- Love & Lemons by Jeanine Donofrio. Vegetables galore from this popular blogger. I wish she'd make me her recipes every day so I could eat like this always.
- Small Victories by Julia Turshen. I have already made a few of her recipes (like the lasagna) and they are simple crowd pleasers when you just don't know what to make!
- Home Baked by Yvette van Boven. This is from last year but I had to include it! I love her incorporation of watercolor into the layouts- such an artful and useful baking book.
Good Luck & Happy Holidays!!
* * *
UPDATE 12./21/16: And the winnners are......
Tera Schoeneck, Kathleen Casazza and Susan Wilson. Congrats, you 3! You should have received an email with winner instructions (if not, email firstname.lastname@example.org). Thank you so much to everyone who entered and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!