Spring has hit the woods along with a flurry of yellow and pink! The tulip tree out back is blooming and everywhere I go I see fields of mustard. Since Passover and Easter are this weekend, I thought I’d share some recipe ideas for each:
A Spring Cocktail:
- The above Yellow Squash Galette from my cookbook, The Forest Feast .
- Spiralized Carrot Salad with dried berries and nuts
- Pesto Deviled Eggs
- Zucchini Fan Quiche
- Caramelized Onion Tart (video recipe demo)
- Spiced Haroset (a nutty spread to eat with matzo crackers)
- Beet Haroset (a pink twist to the traditional spread)
- Spinach Farfel (think crustless quiche)
- Matzo Brei Scallion Pancakes (above)
- Apple Matchstick Salad
We are heading to New York for Passover with Jonathan’s family (Ezra’s first!) then we’re off to Buenos Aires for a family wedding. Follow our trip on Instagram (@theforestfeast) and Facebook. Happy Spring Holidays!